Wednesday 28 May 2014

Day 2.. Hangover

After my epic day 1 fail I restarted yesterday. I'm currently overseas for a few months and living in a hotel so finding compliant foods to it can be tricky to say the least (and expensive!) but I've done my research and am confidant I can manage it- I won't bore you with what I'm eating unless I fall off the wagon.

Anyway yesterday was easy. I made healthy choices and felt very, very smug and pleased with myself especially when a coworker who just returned from visiting my home country dropped by to give me some of our national, delicious, chocolate and sugar filled treats. I sat with them in front of me for awhile totally tempted to just eat them and re-restart my whole 30 but for once in my life self control took over. I've put them in a desk drawer to ponder every now and then.

I skipped a work out yesterday as after 3 nights of sharing a hotel room with mum (who snores, really, really SNORES) I'd had almost no sleep and was totally wrecked. I slept like a log and was pretty sure that I would feel awesome this morning.

Which I did, I ate my breakfast in a cloud of smug thinking that this was easy. By ten am I felt as though I had downed a bottle of wine last night. My head is clouded and aching and I am tired which makes sense as I am very hungover. Now before you judge I didn't drink but I have been on a massive  bread, rice, sugar, alcohol, soy binge for the past week. I can blame mum (and I DO!) but in reality my typical bad food relationship shone through.

I am prone to bouts of fevered binging followed by days of strict calorie restricting (usually in the form of meal replacement shakes) and just saw my final few days as one long last hurrah. From reading the whole30 website this just makes the hangover harder and more drawn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment